Re: What kind of oil?

From: AJRoss50 (AJRoss50@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon Apr 13 1998 - 16:50:40 EDT

My first oil change is rapidly approaching, and I would like to know what
>everyone is using.
>Are the synthetic blends (or the full synthetics) really worth the extra
>$$$?
>If I am starting another "great spark plug debate", I apologize in advance.
>
>Steve

It depends on what kind of duty your truck will see. If you use it as a
grocery getter, then no, synthetic wouldnt be worth the extra $$$. If you are
going to be towing/racing, then synthetic would probably be worth extra loot.
I also think that if you change your oil and filter regularly (every 3-4k
miles) then is doesnt matter what you use.

Then again, if it was a Ferrari or a collectors item, I would put the
synthetic in. But, its a Dodge and parts are relatively cheap and you should
get at least 125k miles out of your truck with just conventional oil. My .02
$$. Which should mean something since I have a degree in mechanical
engineering.

Alex
97 CC Sport V8 5spd 3.92 SG Black/Mist Grey