Re: igniton problem

From: Gary E. Klim (garyklim@snet.net)
Date: Mon Apr 13 1998 - 20:52:05 EDT

I'm not sure of the exact number of dimensions that are mapped which
determines the ultimate timing/dwell of the ignition, but several more
factors beyond plugs and wires can affect ignition. Before considering
the CPU as the culprit, eliminate the "path of least resistance" items
first:

1) Coil
2) Cap
3) Rotor
4) Plugs (Properly gapped?)
5) Wires (Cyl 1 to Cyl 1, etc.? - Yes, we've all done this at one point
or another in our lives...)
6) Is Trottman on Spring Break?

gk

Gary E. Klim - Somewhere in central Connecticut garyklim@snet.net