Re: Re: igniton problem

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Wed Apr 15 1998 - 01:41:50 EDT

Gary E. Klim wrote:
> 1) Coil
> 2) Cap
> 3) Rotor
> 4) Plugs (Properly gapped?)
> 5) Wires (Cyl 1 to Cyl 1, etc.? - Yes, we've all done this at one point
> or another in our lives...)
> 6) Is Trottman on Spring Break?

Probably 6, did I mention that not 24 hours after he left a few days
back I had to replace my battery?

Serious content => Can a bad battery have an impact on the ignition
system after the truck is running? I know it will cause them not to
start (duh..) but what about after it is cranked? Since I had the new
battery replaced I have not experieanced the occasional stumble backfire
after a warm restart. Not gonna say it fixed the problem yet. If I say
that it will start again, just that it hasn't done it yet with the new
battery. Idle's alot smoother on start up. I guess it could have been
that exhaust leak I found right next to the o2 sensor.

--
----
  Michael Clark            mike@snakebite.com