Misc Questions on '98 Daks

From: RAS002@worldnet.att.net
Date: Wed Apr 15 1998 - 20:16:04 EDT

  Donaldson Motors called today - my Amethyst reg cab R/T has arrived!
I'll pick it up tomorrow. I still have a couple of questions for all of
you "Mopar Heads" (I've been a GM freak for the last 25 years - this is
my first Mopar and my first NEW vehicle in 20 years).

  1. Got a bid from Currie Enterprises to re-drill the rear axles and
       drums to 5 lug (~$100), they won't touch the front hubs - will
       anything stock fit? Can anyone with a Hollanders Manual
       check it out? I'm still not sure I want to do this, but there
       are very few wheels out there for this bolt pattern. Can the
       stock front hubs be re-drilled if they have the anti-lock brake
       reluctors?

  2. Does ANYONE make a 2" drop-spindle for the newer Dak's?
       I haven't had any luck finding one from name brand manufacturers,
       or anyone for that matter.

  3. If the spindles ARE available, will using them affect my wheel
      choice? My thinking is that the spindle offset (raising the axle
      centerline drops the steering arm in relation to the wheel) could
      cause possible interference with the steering arm and wheel.

  4. Does anyone have any good, knowledgeable sources for aftermarket
       upgrades, like headers, cams, OBDII compatablity problems, etc.

  There are probably (many) more questions, but this will get me started
for now, as my first priority is dropping the truck and adding some nice
wheels. Also, I'll soon have (4) stock 17" wheels for sale - make me an
offer, I have no idea what their worth.

   Any good site links will be appreciated, too.

                Thanks to all,

                        Russ Selkirk

--
NOTE:   Anti-Spam Address! Please