Re: Speedometers WAS; 4" drop '96 ext sport -Reply

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 15 1998 - 20:38:47 EDT

At 12:34 PM 4/15/98 -0400, you wrote:
>1 question Jon were you avoiding doing schoolwork when you wrote this? ;)

  Heh heh heh! Nope; I've been out of school for a couple of years now, so
fortunately, homework is a thing of the past. :-) Actually, I've always
kind of enjoyed the algebra/geometry type math (no calculus for me though,
thanks!) but they never really applied it to the real world. When I
get the chance, I enjoy using it for tangible, real world stuff.
  (Also, I drank a couple of liters of Pepsi and couldn't get to sleep, so
what else was I going to do?) :-)

>> Jon Steiger wrote:
>> >
>> > ------------------------------------------------------------------
>> > WARNING: The following post started out quite simple but sort of mutated
>> > into a horrible Frankenstein sort of creation. It is more likely than
>> > not extremely boring, but if anyone is uncertain about this speedometer
>> > error stuff, it might help to sort it out in your mind; assuming you
>> > can stay awake. Ummmm, BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! :-)
>> > ------------------------------------------------------------------
>> >
>> <major snip>
>>
>> Jon,
>>
>> You have entirely toooo much time on your hands... ;)

   You know, that's the really sad thing. I'm actually pretty busy; but
I spend all my time on other things, like sending huge boring posts to the
DML. :-)

>> There are already a couple of web based tire size/speedo error
>> calculators out there that I have found.
>>
>> http://secret-secret.com/turbo/DIY/tirecalc/turbotire.html
>> http://www.dsm.org/tools/tiresize.htm
>>
>> However, one on the DML web site would be cool - especially with Dak
>> logos on it. ;)

   I checked those out, and also the one posted by Chris; they're close, but
not quite what I had in mind. If I get some time, I'll do up a DML one.

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.