Re: Speedometers WAS; 4" drop '96 ext sport -Reply

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 16 1998 - 18:17:32 EDT

> At 12:34 PM 4/15/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >1 question Jon were you avoiding doing schoolwork when you wrote this? ;)
> >

> Heh heh heh! Nope; I've been out of school for a couple of years now, so
> fortunately, homework is a thing of the past. :-) Actually, I've always
> kind of enjoyed the algebra/geometry type math (no calculus for me though,
> thanks!) but they never really applied it to the real world. When I
> get the chance, I enjoy using it for tangible, real world stuff.
> (Also, I drank a couple of liters of Pepsi and couldn't get to sleep, so
> what else was I going to do?) :-)

I know what you mean, I've always been able to do algebra/geometry type
problems in my head, but Calculus has just never really made sense to me,
I can do the problems I just don't understand the hows and whys of it like
the other 2....Yeah, it would help you to understand if they had better
real world examples like in your previous post....Well if you had plenty
of gas in the Dak you could've went and done some redlight racing (Not
that I'm condoning this type of behavior mind you).... ;)

> You know, that's the really sad thing. I'm actually pretty busy; but
> I spend all my time on other things, like sending huge boring posts to the
> DML. :-)

Same here... ;)

Bruce