Re: supreme or regular

From: Howard Olson (olson.howard@mcleodusa.net)
Date: Wed Apr 15 1998 - 21:15:24 EDT

Isn't there a knock sensor on the engine that will detect
detonation/preignition and will retard the timing to compensate?

If so, by using lower octane, you may not hear a ping, but your performance
will drop off slightly as the computer pulls back the advance.

I am definitely in agreement that if you are hearing pinging, to either
change to a better fuel or back of the timing advance slightly.