Re: Re: igniton problem

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Thu Apr 16 1998 - 14:05:04 EDT

Michael Clark wrote:

> changed the battery, but I did not loose any of my radio stations. So
> what did they do, feed power through the batery cables while they
> changed the battery or what.

  I experienced the exact same thing. I am almost 100% sure that the
radio includes a capacitor in it's power circuit to retain the unit's
memory during short periods of power interruption. In that case, you'll
store the presets until the cap discharges; what that time period is I
don't know.

  Some radios actually use a flash memory device or EEPROM to store the
preset information, in which case the memory doesn't depend on power
for all intents and purposes. My old pullout CD player worked that way.

  Ron