Shocks: bouncy on highway

From: Patrick & Kelly Engram (shetland@pop.erols.com)
Date: Thu Apr 16 1998 - 10:28:12 EDT

Gabriel makes a shock for trucks that has VST technology built in,
kindof like Monroe's Sensatrak shocks. The idea behind these two shocks
is that the ride good under light loads or hitting small bumps, but if
the shock extends or contracts so far because you're carrying a big load
or just hit a huge bump, then it firms up the dampening in the shock
without sacrificing the ride at other times.'
  You can buy buy the Gabriel at Firestone Tire Centers for about $30 a
shock for the heavy duty, or about $20 a shock for the medium duty. The
light duty shock doesnt have the VST but costs $15! You can have them
installed for about $15 each too.
  Sorry, my gabriel rep gave me mine for free!!!

Patrick
Firestone in Balto, MD