Re: info on 1993 Dakota

From: T & J (jan@bewellnet.com)
Date: Thu Apr 16 1998 - 21:39:36 EDT

 From:Tim Roller >starwolf@bewellnet.com

> Hate to tell you this- but NO. The vehicle VIN # is used for the plants
where motor, body, and in what country your vehicles were built in-either
Canada or USA. It also tells of course the vehicle serial # and what
day,week and year. This of course uses the VIN#'s in a sequense by using
certain numbers and letters that have to be interperted. If you really want
to know the options and what was installed on the vehicle in the building
process, you have to find that hidden BUILD SHEET from the company that's in
your vehicle--your guess is as good as mine where it is, but usually they're
in the springs of the seats or under the carpet, or any other place that's
protected from weather,like behind some plastic panels.