Re: Wreck

From: Brett Stoner (Brett@abacusinfo.com)
Date: Fri Apr 17 1998 - 01:03:43 EDT

<<< Robert Trottmann <rotrottmann=40davidson.edu> 4/16 10:08p >>>
>If I have to pay for the increase (as opposed to >my dad) then I might =
just pay for it, but if my >dad will keep paying for insurance, heck with =
it, >no sweat off my back.

The insurance increase might not be too bad. Two years ago I caused an =
accident resulting in nearly =2415K in damages to my truck (the Ranger at =
that time) and the other one. I was 21 at the time and paying about =
=24600 every six months for insurance. Since it was my first bad thing =
(accident, ticket, etc) my insurance only went up about =24100/yr for =
three years after the accident. If the estimate of 1 or 2K someone else =
suggested is accurate it might be better to go ahead and let the insurance =
cover it. Of course, your rates may be different as I=27m sure they =
depend on your location, insurance company, and driving record. (In my =
case it=27s upstate, NY and State Farm)

HTH
  Brett