Re: mufflers -Reply -Reply

From: Michael Z-Sykes (MSykes@su.edu)
Date: Fri Apr 17 1998 - 13:16:55 EDT

Well, okay.... have a seat.... I don't care much for the sound of the
Flow-actually, I take that back. At idle or under hard acceleration, it
sounds good.. really good, which is why I'm keeping it around, but say
you run 3rd gear up to around 3500rpms, when you let off the gas, you
get an embarassing popping and gurgling. It happens under any
decelaration from a high rpm run. I find it annoying and embarassing, but
some of my fellow DML'ers like it. It's got an aggressive tone in the V6,
and I actually like the sound in general, but I really hate the popping and
gurgling.... I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too. The muffler
was about $100 at SuperShops, but you'll probably do better for yourself
if you order it from a catalog- hope this helps.
-mike
88V6LE3.55

>>> Troy Olin <trolin@hotmail.com> 04/15/98 11:28am >>>
Why don't you want to comment on the sound of the muffler? I am
looking
in to getting a dual exaust and was wondering what it will sound like on
a V-6? Also how much was your Flow?

Thanks,
Troy 96,V-6,5-spd,ex-cab