Re: R/T Not for sale

From: Amanda (akelly@tir.com)
Date: Mon Apr 20 1998 - 06:51:28 EDT

At 08:28 PM 4/19/98 EDT, you wrote:
>I am almost positive that the outlet on the flange side of the exhaust
>manifold is
>2 1/4 inches ID.This is a healthy improvement.Sounds like they just don,t
want
>to do it.I noticed a gain in performance with the 3 " cat back system by
>Gibson,along with a nice mellow tone at cruise.Very easy installation.Mandrel
>bent means better flow.Increased size does help.Look at your stock tailpipe
>and you will see what I mean.Those accordian marks restrict flow.!!!!!!
>Find another shop willing to do what you want not what they want.
>There is tremendous aftermarket support for Daks now that there didn,t use to
>be.
>Take advantage of the technology available.
>
> Walter p in Seattle
>
> The speed shop is Powercurve in Fraser Mi and the have a dyno to document
 any gains. They just don't think that there is much to be gained from the
 cat-back. They say the Ram SS/T has the same setup and from their experience
 it is best to leave it stock. I think it would be difficult to improve upon
 the sound. Question: Does anyone on the list have a Dakota that turns mid
13s?
 Tony