Re: MP cap and rotor?

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Tue Apr 21 1998 - 08:58:44 EDT

> Its just that based on the price in the MPI catalog, I expected
> MP's cap and rotor to be more expensive than 8 bucks.

  Have you checked your local NAPA? Last time I looked, they had
brass-contact caps and rotors for the Dakota. I'm not gonna worry
about it until I go through my ignition.

  FWIW, Addco rear anti-sway bar kits ran about $190 in the MPI catalog.
I ordered mine from a local AutoZone for $107 + 6% sales tax.

  MPI stocks what look like quality components, and they've put together
some interesting packages from off the shelf parts. But after shelling
out $5 for a catalog, and seeing their prices, I can see how they maintain
their profit margins.

  I have sympathy for the small local speed shops in a world filled with
Wal-Marts, Jeg's, and Summit Racing, but they're still going to have to
provide value for the prices they charge.

  Ron