Suspend your DML subscription!

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 21 1998 - 14:43:55 EDT

  I just finished writing a CGI program that will allow DML members
to suspend their subscription to the DML. It seemed to me that
this might be a useful utility, what with the volume of posts
on the list. I frequently see posts from people who are about to
unsubscribe while on spring break, or going on vacation, or whatever.

   This is basically a program where you input the time you
want to be unsubscribed and resubscribed; then it does the
rest. You receive e-mail messages when you create your "entry",
whenever it is changed, when it is deleted, and before it
subscribes or unsubscribes you. When you create your entry,
you input a password that can be used by you to change or delete
the entry later.

  I've spent a few days testing it, and so far, it has
performed as it should. (But if you have any problems
with it, please let me know...)

  You can check it out at:

 http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/CGI-BIN/DMLSuspend.cgi

  It is also available as a hyperlink on the WWW Gateway page:

 http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/CGI-BIN/dml.html

                                              -Jon-

  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT CC (15.34@89.10), '96 Kolb FireFly 447 |