Re: Mods with OBII

From: Kabuki2 (Kabuki2@AOL.COM)
Date: Tue Apr 21 1998 - 17:50:20 EDT

<< Has anyone done anything other than airboxes and exhaust mods to a vehicle
 with OBII? I would like to increase performance, and hopefully keep it close
 to legal. >>

The OBD II systems in these trucks aren't as sensative as you think. You can
remove your catalytic converter on your OBD II truck with no problem. My
friend with a 98 318 5 spd has a hot camshaft in his OBD II truck with no
problem. I have a very radical cam (as far as computer controlled vehicles go)
in my 97 SS/T and have no problems. You can supercharge the OBD II trucks....
the list can go on... they are alittle more touchy in some areas, but as long
as you buy parts that are computer compatable , and are installed right.. you
should be fine.

ttyl
patrick