Re: Vortech instalation

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 22 1998 - 02:29:10 EDT

At 12:22 AM 4/22/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Ok, if all goes well I will have all my credit cards payed off in about
>2 months or so. When that happens I'm really thinking about buying a
>Vortech super charger. I've talked with a local speed shop and they
>have given me an estimate of $700 - $800 for installation. What is
>involved in bolting one of these puppies on? It seems to me that the
>only tricky part would be wiring in the MSD Boost Timing module and I
>think you have to run an oil line from somewhere?? What else am I
>overlooking? I'd like to have someone who knows what they are doing do
>the work, but $700 is a lot of money for what is considered a bolt on
>mod. I did my own headers, is a supercharger as difficult?
>--
>----

   Oh, suuuuure!! :-)

   You're just gettin' nervous because my club cab is sneaking up on
your 15! Tryin' to up the ante, are we? :-)

   Just you wait until my Dak gets a healty shot of Wild Bill juice.
THEN we'll see where the chips fall. ;-) (Bill, those regular cabs
are gettin' restless!)

   I've heard that the vortech is pretty easy to install. If I recall,
there was an article about installing a Vortech in a Dakota in one
of the magazines. (Darned if I can remember which one though!)
  I'll look through my pile of magazines and let you know if I find it.

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.