Modifications w/OBDII,Attn: Wayne

From: DRD892 (DRD892@AOL.COM)
Date: Wed Apr 22 1998 - 09:15:53 EDT

Wayne,

I have a '97 5.2 automatic with OBDII. I have installed the FIPK
10"x3" open element air cleaner with K&N, Flowmaster CatBack
3" into dual 2 !/2" exhaust, Borg Warner Cap and Rotor (Brass),
Accell 8mm wiring, 180 degree Thermostate with Redline WaterWetter
added to the Anti-Freeze/Water mix. Plugs are Champion Platinum.

The truck runs great and I have not had any problem with the OBDII
system. Over Easter Weekend I logged my best mileage yet.
18.2 MPG coming out of North Chicago, thru Indiana into Michigan.
17.4 MPG overall for the trip. City/Urban driving 15.0 to 16.0 MPG.
Axle ratio is 3.92 I use 93 octane fuel (Mobil or Marathon)

You shouldn't have a problem with OBDII unless your want to build
a race motor.

David R.
Sterling Heights
Michigan