R/T's seen in Chicago dealerships

From: Michael Kneebone (kneebone@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Wed Apr 22 1998 - 12:57:41 EDT

It was raining and a hard to get all the information (obtained around 11
p.m.) but here is some R/T info for people that live around Chicago that I
was able to dig up last night (4/21):

Elmhurst Dodge

2 R/Ts located in backlot of Kia dealership (I think they own that one
also) on Grand Ave, just around the corner from theiR York road location
mARIO: (630) 833-6700:

Identical, Club Cabs Intense Blue

Base $16,170
Package 22b (it was raining really hard, this could have been 28b a price
check on Edmunds can probably tell): $1,035
Power convience group $570
RT sport group $2,245
mats $30
Auto Trans $950
5.9 engine $1,485
sliding rear window $115
power mirrors $140
A/C $800
Fog lamps $120
Radio/AM/FM/Cass/CD with Equalizer $660
destination $510
"Factory Discount" -$1,035

If I wrote that all done correctly, it should add up to $24,035

At Skokie Dodge they have a truck with the identical equipment (although
they added some flakey looking mud flaps with their logo on it that
fortunately can be easily removed if you don't like it) in Deep Amethyst.
they also have a standard cab, but it was really starting to pour, so I did
not get the details on that one.

As funny as it might sound, I am told their truck expert is also "Mario" at
(847) 982-9500

If any of these had the overhead console and the big mirrors, I would be an
R/T owner sometime today. With that in mind, I've seen enough on the list
to know that installing an overhead console is just not going to be
practical, but I have the big power mirrors on my 97 V6 which I am thinking
of trading for an R/T which has the standard power mirrors. It looks like
(as well as you can tell standing in pouring rain that is!) that this would
be a straight ten minute swap. Has anyone looked into this at all?

Michael Kneebone