update on 'the surge'

From: DianneY (dyorke@thefuture.net)
Date: Wed Apr 22 1998 - 22:37:59 EDT

A few months ago I posted to this list that I was having a problem with my
95 Dakota surging, or so someone called it. Just thought I'd let you know
what it turned out to be. Many of you responded with ideas and I thank you
very much. It helped me when talking to the dealer...as an informed women
and customer.

So, the truck was jerking and cutting out while going 55-70 on the freeway.
It didn't do it while accelerating or braking. I also had trouble with
starting. It would always start but sometimes it took way too long (and of
course that's very embarrassing in a parking lot when a ford driver is
walking by) And the answer is...............the rotor, the dist cap and the
plug wires. We had replaced the plugs but not the other stuff. My DH will
replace these items for me and save a little $$$.

But, of course, that wasn't all. They discovered that the fuel pump wasn't
working so that had to be replaced. And since it's in the tank and has many
things attached to it, blah, blah, blah, we couldn't do that at home so they
get my money after all.
(I'm starting to suspect something. The last time I took it in, the battery
mysteriously died)

I'm off the list now so if anyone has anything for me, please send it to me
directly.

A happy but poor (for the moment) Dakota owner
Dianne