magnetic oil drain plugs

From: STRICKLAND, Tate (tstricklan@shl.com)
Date: Fri Apr 24 1998 - 15:00:48 EDT

Well I changed my oil yesterday for the first time after installing a
magnetic drain plug (first vehicle I've ever used one on). No big
particles, but there was an evenly spread coating a few thousandths thick
of metallic cream/dust - whatever you want to call it - covering the
magnet. Even though it was way too fine to feel any consistency , the
point is that there was metal stuck to it that would have otherwise been
floating around in my motor. Anyway, it seems to have done its job
admirably. Gives me a little more peace of mind when I'm crankin' through
those gears with my right foot pounding through the floorboard.

Tate