Re: Re: CD Player -Reply

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Fri Apr 24 1998 - 20:38:31 EDT

My Pioneer DEH-P85DHR cd player puts out 140 watts maximum (this is the standard
factory car radios are rated at) or more realistically 68 watts minimum into 4 ohms
all channels driven with no more than 5% distortion. If u know anything about amps
vs watts the radio draws 8 amps at full volume. 8 amps x 13.8 volts = 110.4 watts
and I'll be fair deduct at least 20 watts for internal losses such as drive motor,
dial lamps etc. What i'm saying is many after market radios do put out more honest
power than factory radios and usually have better tuners and better frequency
response also.
This is what is going in my new Dak when it arrives! Anybody want the CC 40 watt
cassette radio that comes out?
Jim Miller
Waco, Tx
Dakless (hope only 3 more weeks)