Re: Re: Jacob's Ignition Results

From: jim miller (jmiller@eramp.net)
Date: Sun Apr 26 1998 - 00:20:03 EDT

Jim Miller writes;
I feel sorry for you Mike but you are not the only person on the DML who
had the same results trying to use an aftermarket ing system on a
otherwise stock motor.
I wrote a couple of days ago about my discussion with some big racing
mechanics in central Texas who mostly agree, on a very late model veichles
with fuel injection and factory electronic ign systems that run normal
pump gasoline, and no nitrous and especially engines that do not operate
over 5k rpm, most ign mods are a waste of money and may even make
performance worse as unfortunately you found out to be true also. The
only mods they agreed on were multiple spark discharge boxes, splitfire or
some platnum plugs and upgrade plug wires.