Re: Jacob's Ignition Results

From: catlin (catlin@erols.com)
Date: Sat Apr 25 1998 - 23:51:43 EDT

Well what a colossal waste of time! Jacob's ignition
arrived UPS Thursday. I started installing it and finished
the job on Friday it took about 7 hours. Immediately took
the R/T out for some measurements with the new Jacob's
Pro Street ignition. Immediate impression was not good and
the G-Tech confirmed this with a 20 HORSE POWER LOSS!
Before I put on the "Jacob's Power Robing System" the truck
was measuring 225 horse power at the rear wheels these
are the mods and the horse power measurements. Every time
a mod was done I took several measurements to make sure.

Bone stock R/T Club Cab with 350 miles---196 rear wheel HP
Bone stock with 1,500 miles on it--------------204 rear wheel HP
With drop in K&N air filter--------------------------214 rear wheel HP
With Fresh air induction----------------------------225 rear wheel HP
With the Complete Jacob's Power Robbing System----198 HP

0-60 times went from 6.96 bone stock to 6.59 after the last
mod and before the Jacob's disaster. But it gets even better!
After I got the measurements when I installed the Jacob's
I was so mad I stayed up until late Friday night pulling it
back off my truck. Well I called Jacob's Saturday and told
them how pissed off I was and they said they had never
herd of anyone loosing power with there Pro Street Package.
They said maybe something wasn't working right and to
check it. Well by this time I had already taken it off the truck
put the old wires on, old plugs back in ect. I think I was still
in the twilight zone from drilling holes in my new R/T because
I got the bright idea of re-installing The "Power Sucking System"
thinking maybe I did something wrong since they had never
herd of anyone loosing power. Well call me a bone head but
that's what I did. I re-installed the Jacob's "Super Power Robing
hope you don't send it back before the 30 day money back
guarantee is up Power Leaching System". After this brilliant
idea I took it out for a new round of testing. Yep you guessed
it with a massive head ache by now I watched in Horror as the
G-tech confirmed I was a complete idiot 192 horse power. I
immediately bi-passed the Jacob's ignition and took a new reading
with out the Jacob's ignition A strong 221 HP my baby was back
and I'm sending back the Jacob's once I waste another day taking
 it back out for the second time.

Mike Catlin
R/T with MOPAR ignition