Re: Re: Cargo/Dome light switch revisited

From: rbt@frontiernet.net
Date: Sun Apr 26 1998 - 08:49:02 EDT

> From: "Gary E. Klim" <garyklim@snet.net>

> I should have mentioned that "cut and splice" was required for the swap,
> as the connectors are of different configuration. One other disclaimer
> is that turning the dome light on at night to read a map or whatever
> will probably annoy the driver behind you, as the cargo light will
> *also* be on...

That's why I suggested an additional bypass switch mounted under the
dash within arms reach. The original switch will still operate as
intended (use to read your map, or futher rotate to illuminate cargo
when stopped as dome also comes on)., The bypass switch will just
turn on the cargo light whenever you want independantly.

For a few $ at Rat Shack you're in business.

-BobT. '98 CC Sport+ 4X4 V8 3.55 5sp 4WABS