Re: Re: Curiosity

From: rbt@frontiernet.net
Date: Sun Apr 26 1998 - 08:49:02 EDT

> From: "Gary E. Klim" <garyklim@snet.net>

> My best guess is that the fluid in the fan clutch needs to reach some
> predetermined temperature. Until that happens, the fan seems to rotate
> and accelerate at actual engine speed. Mine usually stops this behavior
> within a 100 feet or so of leaving my driveway. (Which is itself 200
> feet).

Consider yourself fortunate. When mine comes on (formula determined
by phase of moon as temp can be colder or warmer with opposite
results on diff days) mine can sometimes go on for a mile or more.
Then again, it might not come on,....depending..... :-)

All I know is the SOB sonds like it's opperating as the square of
engine speed til it decides to shut up. Neighbors must think I'm
revving the piss out of my engine on purpose as I'm only doing 20 mph
down the street. :-)
-BobT. '98 CC Sport+ 4X4 V8 3.55 5sp 4WABS