RE: DML:Off Roadin'

From: Walter Felix (Walter_Felix@classic.msn.com)
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 12:27:27 EDT

I have a copy of the magazine. The picture of the front suspension shows drop
down brackets (Painted purple) for the lower control arms. Those are part of
the trailmaster 4" suspension kit. You can't fit 36" tires under a Dakota
with just a body lift and cranked torsion bars. I have 31" with that setup
and I rub slightly, full turn, compressed. If you also look at the photo of
the passenger's side of the truck (upper right corner of the page), notice the
clearance of the tire to the rear of the wheel well. With that much of rim
offset, those tires are hitting the fenders when he pulls in and out of
driveways. It's a sharp street truck, but off road he's munching fenders.

Walter_Felix@MSN.COM

Truck: 88 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4.

Color: Flash Red

Motor: 3.9 V6

Tranny: A-500 Auto with NVP231 Transfer Case

Factory Accessories: AC, Cruise, Tilt, PW, PD, Rear Slider, Light Bar, Fog
Lamps & Covers

Aftermarket Mods: Lund Interceptor, Lund Moon Visor, Sony AM/FM/Cassette w/10
Disk Changer, ventguards, custom bed mat, black Dee-Zee tailgate protector,
Lund head-lamp blackouts, 4 Dick Cepek lamps with custom covers, cowl style
hood scoop, 3" TrailMaster body lift, 31x10.50x15 Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers on
15x10 AR Type 26 rims, X-Tang railed tonneau cover (cut and fitted to bed
bar), Lund TailMate, Rancho RS-5000 Shocks, FlowMaster 3" in/2 2-1/2" outlets,
BushWacker fender flares, Taylor 8mm wires (Red), "FABM", "DDBC", cranked
torsion bars.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/9219