Re: 96 ram air hood

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Mon Apr 27 1998 - 22:58:39 EDT

At 10:31 PM 4/27/98 -0500, you wrote:
>I believe that four of us bought hoods from ProGlass, 2 (maybe 3) were for
>newer daks, I (and maybe someone else) bought hoods for the old- school
>ones. Mine isn't on yet, but go here:

   Surprisingly enough, it was 3 older style hoods, (Rob, Bill, and I) and
one new style hood. (Gary) And yet, many manufacturers continue to ignore
the old Daks while rushing to get stuff out for the new ones. BTW: Pics of
Gary's (sweet looking) Dak with the Ram-air in place are on the graphics page!
Check it out; that hood turned out GREAT!

>http://thelma.davidson.edu/rotrottmann/web/hood.htm the link to the
>pictures is in the paragraph about ProGlass. I've got a lot of pictures up
>on my page, w/ info. on the various hoods made for Dakotas. All of your
>questions will be answered there (at least the questions about fiberglass
>hoods for older Dakotas :-)
>Everyone is happy w/ the quality of the hood sold by ProGlass, and
>Dan7897@AOL.COM got a cowl hood from US Body Source for his 95 (or 96?)
>that he is happy with. The ram- air hood from ProGlass can be made
>functional for $60, but the last I heard the mold was still to be made for
>the older daks, and Terry will call me when he does start making them.

  Yep, the Pro-Glass hood is very nice. Gary's auto body place said it
was the best quality fiberglass part they had ever seen. We got 'em for
$400 each because we bought in quantity; the price at that time was $450,
but I think it is now $475. Back when they were $450, Terry discounted
them to $425 for any DML member. You MIGHT be able to get them for $425
still. The phone number is on Robert's page that he listed above. If you
want this hood, buying directly from Pro-Glass is the cheapest you'll
be able to get it. (with or without the discount) This hood is sold by
N.S.1 and also Keystone (as a Good Hood), but its actually Pro-Glass'
design. They are all made by Keystone in Keystone's facility.

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.