Re: making sig files shorter

From: Rader (rlr@bbt.com)
Date: Wed Apr 29 1998 - 09:53:55 EDT

Michael Clark wrote:

> You know I've been giving it some thought and I think I will shorten my
> sig. file. I'm considering making a URL link to a text file with my
> signature in it

  The old time netiquette rule of thumb for .signature files was no
more than 4 lines. I would like to see a resurgence of respect for
that rule of thumb on the DML. There are some mighty big .sigs out
there... Thanks for bringing it up, Mike.

  And that goes double for those of you sending RFC "business card"
attachments.

  Ron "IMO" Rader