Re: Hood release WAS: Engine Oil Leak

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 29 1998 - 18:21:52 EDT

> Did the plastic handle in the cab break or did something under the hood
> break. I didn't realize any plastics were used for this under the
> hood. Also anyone know how to make the hood release easier to pull.
> Mine seems quite hard.
> --
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the cable is steel, but it's encased
in plastic which would melt as soon as the fire started and I guess that's
what caused it to jam, so I guess the solution would be to put in a steel
encased cable because the actual hood release mechanism is made of steel
so I think it would be fine....

Bruce