Re: RE: RE: DML molded mudflaps

From: John C. Worden (scirocco@midmaine.com)
Date: Thu Apr 30 1998 - 09:17:43 EDT

At 02:12 PM 4/29/98 -0400, Matthew Guilbault wrote:
>Per your conversation on the mudflaps, I know that Dodge offers two part
>numbers for molded mudflaps: one for flares and one for unflared. I
>know because they gave me the wrong one first. Installation involves
>drilling three small holes in the fenderwells. Pretty simple. And the
>screws they provide are coated with rubber to prevent rust. Although
>the molded flaps probably wont hold up as well while 4x4ing, they sure
>look sharp!
>
>MattyG!!
>'98 Sport V6, Flame Red
>'97 RM250

If you have the flares rust isn't a problem because the holes are drilled
into the flare and the plastic fender liner. So you'll never drill into
the steel, but I don't know how well they'll hold on. Next time I rotate
the tires I'll probably put some RTV or body kit adhesive on them too.

John '98 Dak cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue, Leer Classic tonneau,
               Pioneer DEH-P85DHR, ventshades
          '84 Scirocco