RE: 1998 Mopar Atlantic Nationals, Holly Dodge & ESPN Coverage

From: Walter Felix (Walter_Felix@classic.msn.com)
Date: Thu Apr 30 1998 - 11:17:04 EDT

The Holly MTS package is built by Holly Dodge in Middletown, CT. They're
about 15-20 minutes from me here in Hartford. They've been building that
package since the new RAM body style came out and just started with Dakotas
last year.

I've been going to this event since year one, back when it was known as Mopars
at Englishtown & got the T-shirts to prove it. Where are you staying? I
would like to get a few DML list members together. Like I said, we camp out
at CheeseQuake State Park. Costs about $15 a night. Last couple of years, we
stayed in hotels, but that's a bit on the expensive side. The Welsley and
ended up costing about $125 a night. Anyone who is interested in joining up,
maybe even at the campground, let me know.

The park is right off the Garden State Parkway, very easy to get to. For
directions call CHEESEQUAKE STATE PARK - (732) 566-2161

For details on the event and a preregistration form
http://www.goracing.com/englishtown/schedule/previews/Mopar98.htm or call the
track at (732)446-7800. If you preregister before May 8th, it's $40 bucks for
you and one passenger, for both days.

They're giving away a '98 R/T at this show!

Also, No Alcohol, they check coolers!

For directions to the track
http://www.goracing.com/englishtown/directions.html

Drag racing, Car Show and Swap Meet on Saturday & Sunday.
Saturday Car Show will be televised on ESPN2 "Chrysler Classics Car Show
featuring "Bid Daddy" Don Garlits"
Drag Racing from both days also on ESPN2 "Mopar Atlantic Nationals"

I know that one of our list members works for ESPN. I think its Glenn but
don't recall. Are you going? Need someone to pull cable, etc.. etc.. I've
interned before.

Walter_Felix@MSN.COM
Truck: 88 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4.
Color: Flash Red
Motor: 3.9 V6
Tranny: A-500 Auto with NVP231 Transfer Case
Factory Accessories: AC, Cruise, Tilt, PW, PD, Rear Slider, Light Bar, Fog
Lamps & Covers
Aftermarket Mods: Lund Interceptor, Lund Moon Visor, Sony AM/FM/Cassette w/10
Disk Changer, ventguards, custom bed mat, black Dee-Zee tailgate protector,
Lund head-lamp blackouts, 4 Dick Cepek lamps with custom covers, cowl style
hood scoop, 3" TrailMaster body lift, 31x10.50x15 Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers on
15x10 AR Type 26 rims, X-Tang railed tonneau cover (cut and fitted to bed
bar), Lund TailMate, Rancho RS-5000 Shocks, FlowMaster 3" in/2 2-1/2" outlets,
BushWacker fender flares, Taylor 8mm wires (Red), "FABM", "DDBC", cranked
torsion bars.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/9219