Re: Carrying A Motorcycle In 6.5' Bed, was 275 60 15's

From: Eric Schreiner (xneric@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri May 01 1998 - 19:58:00 EDT

Hey T,

I have an SLT+ CC, and of course a 6.5' bed. I put a 440cc dirt bike and my
K75S BMW 750cc bike side by side, straight in with the tailgate open. Maybe
tilted out a little for bar clearance. I put an eye bolt through the center
front of the bed and some expensive tie downs up in each front corner before I
learned there are holes in the front of the bed behind the cab where normal
tie-downs will fit. I always tie the rears down too, and then put a tie across
the rear through the wheel spokes to stop anything big from sliding out.
A single street bike may go in kitty corner, but when I do my dirt bike that
way, it drops my gas mileage 1-2mpg over straight in with the tailgate down,
using O/H console numbers.