Re: DML lumbar support on 98's

From: CBAGDAD (CBAGDAD@AOL.COM)
Date: Sun May 03 1998 - 08:23:47 EDT

This is not in reference to a 98,but a 97, mine. I bought it in Feb 97, and
the drivers seat has the lumbar. It sucks! When used, the left side sticks
out farther than the right. About a month after I bought the truck, the seat
back started to pop and the right side of the whole seat back was bent farther
than the left. So basically Ive been driving with a bent seat. I told the
dealer, and the Service manager told me that his demo (DAK, must be nice) did
the same thing. It was normal. Well good thing for me I am friends with the
tech who works on my truck(warranty stuff only) and the parts manager, who was
able to finally get me a new seat back direct from fisher coach, who makes
them. Lets see, it was installed two days ago, thats after national
backorder, the factory not having enough to build the trucks, and fisher not
being able to biuld them fast enough.
  So my point(for those who have withstood my rambling, I do apologize) is
they probably deleted the lumbar, knowing it is crap, and left it as an
option. I have to see a chiropractor now, and explain all I want to do is
drive my truck.