Re: CC Alarm Systems

From: John C. Worden (scirocco@midmaine.com)
Date: Sun May 03 1998 - 09:28:44 EDT

At 03:35 PM 5/2/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Here's a good one for you guys with factory alarms. My wife's sister was
>walking in front of a 1998 Dakota as she set the factory alarm on her
>earlier 90's CC mini-van.
>
>The guy's door locks popped open and alarm went off. Boy was his pissed,
>he followed her into the store, accused her of trying to steal his new Dak
>(2 weeks old). He tried to take her keys and finally left when she said
>(very loudly in front on a crowd of people) she was going to call a cop.
>
>Guess the factory has only so many different electronic keys.

My gf's aunt has an early 90's caravan too, but w/o alarm. She often locks
her keys inside and all she has to do is borrow a key from another caravan
owner and about 50% of the time it will open her drivers door. Some neon
keys work too. I didn't believe this until one night, when they were
locked in, she borrowed my gf's neon keys and opened her door. It wasn't a
perfect fit; she had to wiggle the key around a bit.
Monday marks 8 weeks since my gf ordered her Neon R/T, hopefully it'll come
soon because she sold her old neon yesterday. I guess she won't be able to
open her aunt's doors now.

John '98 Dak cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue, Leer Classic tonneau,
               Pioneer DEH-P85DHR, ventshades
          '84 Scirocco