Re: Good Auto Security System?

From: Dkota4by4 (Dkota4by4@AOL.COM)
Date: Sun May 03 1998 - 09:51:20 EDT

Tony,

     I live in Terrytown and got the Python 3000 installed on my truck. This
is a very nice alarm. I paid right at $400 for it installed. The features
include:

Silent arming/disarming, 2 stage shock sensor, Panic mode, Valet mode,
Nuisance prevention, glass mic, lights flash on arming/disarming, engine
disable, and monitors the use of electricity (not sure how this works) so if
the dome light suddenly comes on it will go off ( and l have done this many
times with the factory alarm). Plus, if the vehicle is ever stolen with this
system, they will pay you $2500 to cover insurance deductible, rental car,
etc. You can also add on a ton of features:

Remote start, Remote window roll up/down, can turn on you stereo with remote,
can raise/lower convertible top (I know this one is a waste), adjust your
electric seats, ... and the list goes on and on. Also, later this year they
are offering a set up where you can control your alarm via telephone. You
call you alarm (it will have its own number) and you can arm/disarm,
start/kill the engine, etc. This would be nice if it is ever stolen. If you
would like to look at the alarm, let me know and we can get together sometime
this weekend.

Russ
97 4X4 CC 318 SLT+