Clean my engine!!

From: John Casall (jcasall@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 03 1998 - 21:15:12 EDT

<What is the best way to clean the exterior of my engine and the
engine compartment? I've got a lot of mud in there from a little
playin' around.>

I won't claim this is the best way, but I do it all the time. I wash
my truck first (so the engine cools off-despite having driven only 100
feet) and then spray one of those engine degreasers everywhere if
memory serves me, the stuff made by Gunk is what I use and it works
good (cheap and comes in big cans) then I spray everthing off. Never
had a problem with truck starting or water getting where it shouldn't.
 This is a very dusty place (Lubbock TX) and it works well on
loosening caked on dust and dirt-gets dirty in places that aren't even
oily! If you just hose it off, you'll most likely end up with dirt
all over the grease and oil.(would probaly wnat to hose off most of
the mud before using the Gunk though)