Re: Scratches Solved!

From: Terry Hebert (hebert1@windsor.igs.net)
Date: Mon May 04 1998 - 19:05:33 EDT

ROADRUNNER wrote:

> > This post is for the guy out in Alaska (I think) that has an
> emerald
> > green dak like mine that shows ALL the scratches...
> >
> > If you have a Pep Boys in your neighborhood, pick up a tube of
> "GS27
> > Scratch Remover".
>

> Nope sorry, this is Alaska remember, we don't have a Pep Boys
> anywhere to my knowledge...however, I do believe I saw a bottle of
> that
> "GS27 Scratch Remover" in Fred Meyers up here.
>
> I think I'll wait for some more commentary on this product
> before
> I use it. Wasn't is one of those TV infomercial products? I am
> always
> skeptical of those products!!

I wasn't too skeptical regarding the scratch remover products as my
emerald green Dakota has a new scratch every week. I caught a commercial
regarding GT88 and figured I'd be the guinny pig and give it a try. I
had a beauty of a surface scratch on the tailgate about 5-6cm(1 inch)
wide and about 1-2cm(1/4 inch) high. The directions called for a light
rubbing application with cottom cloth. It took about 4-5 applications
but that darn scratch has totally disappeared. I'm quite pleased with
the results and will gradually get the other's out too.

Terry