Re: RE: Towing a Dakota

From: Michael Clark (mike@snakebite.com)
Date: Tue May 05 1998 - 00:40:23 EDT

jim miller wrote:

> I wonder if you saw an article on TV a few months ago about wrecker drivers
> getting shot at in Texas. Seems state law allows use of deadly force to protect
> ones life or property. That includes repo wrecker drivers.

Don't ever mess around someones property at night time in Texas either.
At night the laws change a bit and it's perfectly OK to kill someone to
protect your property. I remember a story while taking my concealed
carry course the instructor told us; Seems some kids were jumping this
guys fence and stealing a few tin cans at night, probably no more than a
couple of dollars worth at most. The guy waits up one night, they jump
over the fence and the guy doesn't say a word, just quietly aims and
kills one of the kids dead. It was ruled as justifiable homicide. It
works the same for repo drivers, but there is some grey areas. A few
weeks ago a guy was arrested for killing a repo driver here in Houston.
I havent' heard the latest on it though.

Uhh, kinda off topic by now.... guess I'll shut up.

--
---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt