RE: DML King's Dodge

From: Michael & Jeannine Reynolds (jeanninemike@fuse.net)
Date: Wed May 06 1998 - 20:56:16 EDT

=20
Actually, I didn't buy my '98 Dakota from King's Dodge. I bought it =
from Lebanon Chrysler-Plymouth. They diagnosed my problem as a lifter =
noise, but I didn't trust their service department enough to do the =
work, and I wanted a second opinion. So, I took it to King's Dodge, and =
they let their "shop foreman" look it over. He agreed that the problem =
was a noisy lifter. But he said that he wouldn't even attempt to =
replace the lifter unless he could put a Mopar oil filter on the truck, =
and add this "special" engine oil treatment that they had, and then =
drive the truck another 2k miles. He didn't give the treatment a name, =
but it was something that the dealership carried in stock. I think the =
next time I'm there, that I will pick up a pint of this treatment, and =
use it again at my next oil change. The only ticking I hear now is from =
the fuel injectors, which everyone on the list says is normal. Why did =
the dealership say that they couldn't fix your lifter noise problem? =
Sounds suspicious... Let me know how it works out.

Michael Reynolds
'98 Dakota 4X4 CC