Introduction and question

From: Ruth, Dennis (druth@iriscorp.com)
Date: Fri May 08 1998 - 10:45:34 EDT

Hello,

 I'm Dennis and I have a 95 V8 SLT 4x4 with automatic transmission and no
modifications. The transmission makes a very noticeable clunk(not all the
time) when downshifting from second to first. The dealership I bought it
from noticed the problem said it was the rearend, replaced the rearend and
the drive shaft and then told me the noise is normal. The second dealership
I took it to told me that it is normal.

Is this true?
and if so is there a way to silence this annoying truck shaking clunk?

Thanks,
Dennis