Re: slushbox to 5 speed

From: WillTier (WillTier@AOL.COM)
Date: Sat May 09 1998 - 21:32:50 EDT

<< Mine is done. :-) I can see it through the windows of the body shop.
 I'm waiting for the owner to get back so I can pick it up... >>

Oh shurrrr mom always did like you better. It didn't rain but I went down to
work on it and check fit and stuff and no one was there (I have a key) so went
in but shop was full, no room for me so I started looking for the hood and
couldn't find it, looked and looked finally found it sitting out back leaning
up against the building, box soak and wet.. I went home got the truck and went
back and got it brought it home and test fitted it, pretty cool can't wait for
paint. I am going to try to get it sanded tommorrow and may pick up the paint
on Monday and try to do it myself. I've done a little painting but not much
but I figure a not perfect paint job on the truck is better than a nice hood
sitting in the box ???? I doubt it will be ready for wed but maybe next
sunday.. I also got some sheet metal and am going to try to fab a roll pan ???
I'm a glutton for punishment but want to give it a try. I tried to find a
metal one but only one I found was $190, I bought a 4' X 8' sheet of metal for
$32, I'm sure I can get it done out of that sheet fer shurrrrr. Larry made his
on the 89 Dak and it looks pretty good..Well we're gainin any way..

Hey did you buy that one on I let off so you could win ??? Honest, I wouldn't
lie..

Later
Bill