Re: slushbox to 5 speed

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Sun May 10 1998 - 17:01:27 EDT

At 09:32 PM 5/9/98 -0400, you wrote:

><< Mine is done. :-) I can see it through the windows of the body shop.
> I'm waiting for the owner to get back so I can pick it up... >>
>

>Oh shurrrr mom always did like you better. It didn't rain but I went down to
>work on it and check fit and stuff and no one was there (I have a key) so went
>in but shop was full, no room for me so I started looking for the hood and
>couldn't find it, looked and looked finally found it sitting out back leaning
>up against the building, box soak and wet.. I went home got the truck and went
>back and got it brought it home and test fitted it, pretty cool can't wait for
>paint. I am going to try to get it sanded tommorrow and may pick up the paint
>on Monday and try to do it myself. I've done a little painting but not much
>but I figure a not perfect paint job on the truck is better than a nice hood
>sitting in the box ???? I doubt it will be ready for wed but maybe next
>sunday.. I also got some sheet metal and am going to try to fab a roll pan ???

   I've done almost no painting; mostly because whenever I try it I really
screw up and it looks crappy. I'm gonna leave this one to the body
shop. :-) I'll be interested to see how you make out with the roll
pan tho...

  Question for DML'ers out there: I have a Reese class IV hitch.
Can I still get a roll pan, or will it interfere with the hitch? I've
heard of roll pans with a "hidden hitch" or something like that, but
I've already got the hitch so if I were to get a pan, I'd have to
work the pan around the hitch as opposed to the other way around,
which I would guess is the norm.

   Unfortunately, the guy never showed up on Saturday. :-( Hopefully
I'll be able to pick up that stuff on monday.

>Hey did you buy that one on I let off so you could win ??? Honest, I wouldn't
>lie..

  Nah, I didn't buy that one. :-) I know how shifty you auto guys
are, everyone knows ya can't believe anything you slushboxers say. ;-)

                                              -Jon-

  .--- stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu -- http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/ ---.
  | DoD# 1038, EAA# 518210, NMA# 117376, USUA# A46209, KotWitDoDFAQ, RP-SEL |
  | '96 Dodge Dakota v8 SLT Club Cab, '96 Kolb FireFly 447 (#FF019) |
   I do not speak for the SUNY College at Fredonia; any opinions are my own.