Shelby brings second\ R/T on dragstrip

From: Braxton, John (jbraxton@gmgw.com)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 13:36:00 EDT

Hey fellow Dakota owners,
  This weekend I enter the Shelby in the all Mopar show at Farmington
Dragway (NC). I was in the stock truck -van class and bought second
place home. I was beat out by a 1920's flat bed work truck which was
very nice. There was a dealer at the event who put his red R/T Dakota
up against a full sizes Richard petty Ram. The R/T edged the ram out by
one tenth of second e.t. was 10.196 at about 66 mph in the 1/8 of a
mile. This was with an easy start.
  There was also a Viper Shoot Out (3 Viper). They were turning low
8's at about 96 mph. The Little Red Wagon (the wheel stander) was there
also. It gave me chills seeing it go the length of the track on the back
wheel. The Wagon was also Hemi powered.

WHAT A DAY

John Braxton
1989 Shelby Dakota (2,230 miles)