Re: DaimlerChrysler

From: Bruce Aaron Hefner (gt9742a@prism.gatech.edu)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 15:07:17 EDT

> Please don't sell Jaguar short. Granted they have had reliability problems
> but that alone doesn't tarnish Jaguar's acomplishments. From dominating Le
> Mans
> in the fifties to building arguably the most beautiful car every made
> [61-67 E-Type].
> The Lucas electronics were mostly to blame for the problems they sustained.
> The idea of replacing the beautiful 4.2 litre straight six with a small block
> chevy is a repulsive one.Stop by a Jaguar dealer and take a look at their
> present
> offerings,and if you can be objective about your opinion, I think you will
> see
> why people enjoy this marque.
>
> Tony

I'll agree the Jags are a beautiful car, but what good is beauty if they
can't get you from point a to point b reliably, I would rather have a
ragged out, 30 year old rust-bucket that will crank every time and get me where
I'm going with no problems than a new luxury car that's gonna break down
everytime I turn around, and hey maybe they've improved their quality some
in the past few years, if so great, but i still wouldn't want one because
their just too expensive for my tastes...

Bruce