Re: DaimlerChrysler

From: Amanda (akelly@tir.com)
Date: Sun May 10 1998 - 19:01:01 EDT

At 06:27 PM 5/10/98 -0400, you wrote:

>> >Ford has already bought Jauguar

>> the enormity of the CC/DB deal.
>>
>> Tony
>
>Yeah but Jag was a 2 bit player in the car market with a horrible quality
>image, all I've heard all my life is "Yeah Jags are great cars as long as
>you throw away the engine as soon as you buy it and put another one in."
>or "When you buy a Jag you gotta adopt an English mechanic to keep it
>running", I mean being bought by Ford was actually a step up for them....
>
>Bruce
>
>Please don't sell Jaguar short. Granted they have had reliability problems
 but that alone doesn't tarnish Jaguar's acomplishments. From dominating Le
Mans
 in the fifties to building arguably the most beautiful car every made
[61-67 E-Type].
 The Lucas electronics were mostly to blame for the problems they sustained.
 The idea of replacing the beautiful 4.2 litre straight six with a small block
 chevy is a repulsive one.Stop by a Jaguar dealer and take a look at their
present
 offerings,and if you can be objective about your opinion, I think you will
see
 why people enjoy this marque.

 Tony