Re: slushbox to 5 speed

From: WillTier (WillTier@AOL.COM)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 21:01:45 EDT

<< As far as the rubber things go, mine
 are plastic and they are sort of like a big screw; you turn them clockwise
 and they get lower, counterclockwise and they come up. >>

Mine has them too but there were 4 rubber things, 2 @ side, that the stock
hood hit against. I had to take them off to get the new hood on but I think I
am going to get another set and then modify them a little to work with the new
hood. I checked into painting it myself and called and talked to Terry. I
think I'm going to chicken out there is a big difference in painting now and
back when I had done some painting. And the stuff hain't cheap. I figured I'd
just take a whack at it and if it didn't come out right just sand it down and
try again but then the guy started adding up the cost of the needed material
and was up around $130 and I said whoa there I think I better step back and re
group. I guess I just at the mercy of the body shop and will have to wait it
out. Dang dang dang...

<<But I can't shift with my fingers crossed! :-) Yep, hopefully the
weather will turn good and they'll run a full 1/4 mile program so I
can whoop ya at that too! ;-) (I even have a plan: I will intimidate
you with my hood; you will feel inadequate, and in your rush to prove
yourself, you will redlight.) :-)>>

BAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA You are looking at the new and improved speed racer here,
no more red lights and 1st place tophies.. I will be jealous of your hood
though but I can focus it out during the races.

Bill