Re: Fuel injector upgrades?

From: Mike P Sykes (miggitymike@juno.com)
Date: Mon May 11 1998 - 20:31:54 EDT

I just saw some injectors in the new issue of Motor Trend. Kinda' pricey!
I think they would work pretty good if you have the SBEC and a FIPK for
more air flow. Then the computer wouldn't have to cut back fuel delivery,
only increase air delivery which would all work out to more power!!
AAUGH AAUGH AAUGH AAUGH AAUGH!!!!!!
-mike sykes

miggitymike@juno.com >or< mpsykes@erols.com
88V6LE3.55AUTO

"You can't legislate morality......."

On Mon, 11 May 1998 09:27:55 -0400 Jeff Lee <jlee@atlanta.nsc.com>
writes:
>Jon Steiger wrote:
>>
>> At 08:11 PM 5/8/98 -0400, you wrote:
>> >In a message dated 98-05-07 19:12:37 EDT, you write:
>> >
>> ><< Has anyone researched higher flow injectors? Will the universal
>Accel
>> > injectors from Summit fit? If knowone else has checked maybe I'll
>make
>> > the call up to Summit or Jeg's.... >>
>> >

>> >I haven't but would be interested in what you find out as maybe
>others here
>> >would to. I have heard that all the injectors are made by the same
>company and
>> >that there is a mustang injector that will work in and help the
>5.2/5.9
>> >engines ?? I read it in a mag some time ago.
>> >

>> Possibly Mopar Muscle? In their December '97 issue, they have
>> a "Magnum Performance Tips" article with 14 mods to increase power.
>> Number 7 has to do with fuel injectors. Down near the bottom they
>> say:
>>
>> "Seimens, the military weapons system manufacturer, has an
>automotive division that makes injectors for all automotive
>manufacturers. They make injectors for GM, Ford, and Chrysler.
>Well...., you see, late-model Rustangs use an injector that supplies
>the engine with a few more pounds of fuel delivery beyond the OEM 360
>units - and they're a drop-in for the Magnum. They're available from
>the Blue Oval store under part number M 9593 A302. MSD can also
>supply your Magnum with fatter injectors."
>>
>> From the article, it almost seems as if the injectors will only
>work
>> on the 360, but I could be wrong.
>>

>Assuming that the rustang injectors fit, the next important question
>is
>will the SBEC be able to compensate for the change in fuel flow and
>take
>advantage of the increased delivery capability. The MP catalog has a
>set
>of high-flow injectors, but claim that they are not compatible with
>the
>stock SBEC.
>
>jeff
>98 rc 4x2 v8 5spd 3.55sg flares fipk

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]