Wax on, wax off...

From: svieth@ameritech.net
Date: Tue May 12 1998 - 15:46:45 EDT

A few days ago, one of the Dak owners asked about
removing wax from his chariot before applying some
sort of mod (bugshield, ventshield, ?).

To remove wax in the area where your adhesive tape
would go, I would recommend using "3M Adhesive,
Tar & Wax Remover". It should take *all* of the
wax off of the desired area.

I use the stuff to tax the wax off the plastic trim when
I wax my black Dakota. Everyone knows how bad
plastic trim pieces can look when you accidentally
get a little wax (Race Glaze) on there.

I got my little can (8 oz) of this stuff at Walmart. It
wasn't cheap but it works well at removing wax.
I haven't had a chance yet to test it on removing
tree sap or road tar from my beloved.

This product is 3M part number 03607. Run out and
buy some today!

-Scott "Not a 3M shareholder...yet" Vieth
97 Dakota, CC, 5.2L, 5-spd, Gibson cat-back, 4wd, Race Glaze, "MOPAWR"

p.s. For you Michigan folks: "Road tar" is one of the unfortunate
byproducts of when the highway crews fix the roads. It gets stuck
to your truck and looks bad. Luckily, the roads in MI never get any
attention so getting hot tar stuck to your truck is as likely as Gov. Engler
dancing the Macarena on the middle of the Ambassador Bridge. ;^) ;^) ;^)

"No, Homer, very few cartoons are broadcast live. It's a
terrible strain on the illustrator's wrist."