Re[2]: Wax on, wax off...

From: rti1pmp@ismd.ups.com
Date: Thu May 21 1998 - 11:31:06 EDT

> O.K. everyone ... we have a problem. One morning last week l stopped to get
> gas on the way to work. After filling up, the Dak did not want to start.
> Acted like a weak battery. Once it finally did crank, it kept wanting to die
> on me. I finally had to keep the gas pumped a little, then put her in gear
> and take off. Once l made it about 100 yards, she ran like a champ again. I
> didn't really think a lot of it. Well, today when l left work...same thing...
> actually died on me going down the ramp of the parking garage (bad place to
> lose brakes and power steering). After the same routine...she started running
> O.K. and didn't have another problem. Any idea on what could be causing this?
> It is an inconvenience, but more so I am worried about my truck. Thanks in
> advance for any responses.

You wouldn't happen to have the keyless entry system with alarm would you? When
I leave the windows down and lock the door with the key fob ... then go back and
enter the vehicle by reaching in the window and poping the lock button, the car
will start but immediately stall. I have to click the key fob locked hen
unlocked again to straighten it out. I'm not sure *how* the vehicle is caused
to stall but maybe you are getting some of that?

Matt